Sunday, February 20, 2011

Final Notes-Nesting and Adoption


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6 NIV


This verse has been racing in my head for the past two weeks-if you ever experienced the "nesting" phase of a pregnancy-I truly believe that is where I am at-I just don't have the "belly" to prove it.


Friends have been soooo very supported these past two weeks, either taking me to dinner--even when I don't think I have the "time" to do it, e-mails and facebook posts from miles away, coming over with Dairy Queen Treats, or just a hug when the tears are coming down in the middle of the day for no real apparent reason-I have been so blessed in my life to have the friends I do at this point in my life.






Rob (the "Rock" in the relationship) is amazing. He doesn't get frustrated when I have him sit for the 5th time reviewing checklists, or when I call in a panic about "one more thing" that has to be notorized, scaned, and emailed. He never complains when I have been racing into work on the weekends thinking of "one more thing" to write down in preparation for leaving for a week. He listens and gives hugs when the meltdowns come in regards to the silliest things (for those of you who remember me pregnant and the pumpkin pie stories....boy we have new ones now!).





Last night my mom is making the trip down--knowing full well how anxious and crazy I might be--to lend a hand, to reassure, and to care for Kenny while we are away. It hasn't quite hit me that he and I will be apart for the longest time in his life-time that we will not be able to talk on the phone, cuddle at night, or do our morning routine at kindergarten.

Knowing that Grandma Carolyn will be here-caring for him as I am miles away meeting his brother, and her new grandson-has calmed nerves of mine from the start, and has me feeling so blessed she has been a part of this journey from the start.


My girlfriend Katie will be posting for me while I am gone-I hope to be able to email her updates she can share with you all--thank you so much for your support during this journey-we plan to bring lots of love to Isaiah Minalachew from all of you here!


jess



1 comment:

  1. Prayers for you!! Excited beyond belief for you! One step closer to your family being all together! Send love out to Elias when you get there!! Blessings, Carin

    ReplyDelete